Web Design Special
Click for Web Portfolio
Academic Related Accomplishments|
~ CBEST® California Basic Educational Skills Test
California Commission of Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) test
~ Bachelor of Science Degree Computer Science / Marketing
Sacramento School of Engineering, California State University
~ Associate in Arts Degree Natural Science / Psychology
Napa Valley College; Napa, California
~ Certificate Defense Support Program Software
Air Training Command Technical School; Lowry AFB, Denver, CO
~ Certificate Ground Communications Network Computer Programming
Air Training Command Technical Field Training Detachment School
Aeroneutronics Ford Corporation, Palo Alto, CA
~ Certificate Programming Specialist
Training Command Technical School; Sheppard AFB, Wichita Falls, TX
Employment Related Accomplishments
Position: Technical Consultant, Intermediate (4+ years)
Application: Experian Business Information Solutions ~ nationwide batch and online business credit information database and related products. Central responsibilities concerned application programming of core algorithms that interfaced with company's database for additions, extractions, queries and updates. Primary on raw data clean-up, standardizing and matching for domestic street addresses and business (DBA) names.
- Project lead on major enhancement to raw data parser / match processor used to recognize and standardize variations and/or misspellings in name and address data elements and identify and combine duplications within single client files and cross-platform databases. Tests after the upgrade using a client's file, which a major competitor failed to make any matches on, resulted in the matching of 52% of its records.
- Increased the effectiveness of a core search / match algorithm for the company's database query and update function resulting in a 2% boost in matches, which was equivalent to an estimated $250,000 increase in annual revenues.
- Developed formulas to mathematically determine the match reliability of a business name match algorithm increasing its accuracy and resulting in a 100% objective match process.
- Sole applications support programmer for Pitney Bowes' domestic street address validation and correction software, Finalist. Successfully performed all division's upgrades, maintenance and changes to batch and online programs using its modules.
- Designed an automated method to calculate variable and maintain statistical tables used by in-house process, getting rid of manual data-entry of estimated calculations. This resulted in a reduction in processing time from days to hours and eliminated 100% of duplication and human error.
- Requested personally by E-Business Product Group director to conduct "Lunch-n-Learn" training session to share techniques used in researching websites of rival businesses, optimize HTML meta-tags and methods utilized to promote and market websites on and off the Internet with technical and non-technical E-Commerce support staff.
Position: Senior Programmer Analyst (8+ years)
Application: Experian Real Estate Information Solutions (TRW REDI) ~ nationwide batch and online assessor's real property and real estate sales transaction database and products
- Awarded bonus for independently maintaining and enhancing programs on multiple computer systems, requiring extensive interaction with internal and external staff in four states. Completed an annual processing cycle under budget and over five weeks ahead of projected completion.
- Programmer on one-man project tasked to match Farmers Insurance customer owner-occupied homeowner-names and mailing addresses to county assessor file's property-taxpayer names and associated property addresses. Project completed on time and under budget and generated over $138,000 in revenue during the first month of creating resulting mailing list files.
- Wrote file match and duplication removal applications that consistently won contracts with the California Sheriff's Association that required the matching of the existing membership roll of chapters of organization in specified ZIP codes with owner-occupied property addresses and tax-payer (non-member) name records. The process generated tapes of direct marketing formatted letters for printing on Xerox 9700 laser printer.
- Received monetary recognition for the design and implementation of conversion programs written in Natural to load flat ISAM and VSAM files to a ADABAS & DB2 databases exceeding company timeline expectations.
- Implemented an effective IBM OS/2 Warp PC based communication solution to remotely support the batch and online software and jobs running on computer systems operating in four different states while data centers and applications were consolidated into one centralized location.
Position: Systems Engineer
Application: Global Banking Unit of Bank of America online stock, bonds & securities database and batch investment dividend reporting system
Position: Senior Programmer Analyst
Application: Online tariff rating, freight distribution, tracking & database and batch reporting system for ACAI and Citicorp Management Logistics, Inc.
Position: Senior Project Leader
Application: Lead of re-engineering project programming team of state and federal income tax preparation application for Reynolds + Reynolds, Professional Systems Division
Position: Programmer Analyst
Application: In-house Accounting, A/R, A/P, Inventory control & distribution and property data products for Microfiche Publishers, Inc.
Websites Awards Received
The Spider Award ~ Received October 2001
Presented by Spider-Food.net
Spider-Food.net, the well respected search engine tutorial site, gives this award to those that achieve Top Ten ranking with the major search engines through ethical and professional search engine optimization strategies. Original website, www.JohnsRoseGarden.org, ranked #1 worldwide on Google, AltaVista and Overture (formerly GoTo.com) for search phrase "rose garden photo" when measurable tests were conducted to validate its position. Carrying a 4.5 Award Sites! rating makes the Spider Award one of the most sought after on the net web designers.
To see more awards won by original website designs
Larry Dallas Email:Larry@1click4help.com|
Telephone: (714) 632-0529 ~ Anaheim, CA
© Copyright 2000-2003 www.1Click4Help.com, All Rights Reserved